Announcing Ailey’s Virtual Season, Dec 2–31
Posted October 5, 2020
"This season we look forward to joining with you on a journey of reinvention and reimagination, that takes Ailey’s artistry to new heights with excellence, beauty, strength, hope, and love."
While we miss seeing your warm smiles and hearing your applause, we’re so thankful that you can join us online for our first-ever Virtual Winter Season, December 2–31, 2020. In the spirit of making dance accessible to all, it will be free for everyone to enjoy.
Season highlights include:
- A celebration of the 60th anniversary of Alvin Ailey’s Revelations.
- An Opening Night Virtual Benefit on December 2, 2020.
- The world premiere of Testament by Associate Artistic Director Matthew Rushing, Company member and Assistant Rehearsal Director Clifton Brown, and former Company member Yusha-Marie Sorzano. The work is a contemporary response to Alvin Ailey’s Revelations that illuminates the enduring impact of the beloved classic 60 years after its creation, set to an original score by composer Damien Sneed.
- The world premiere of A Jam Session for Troubling Times by Company member and Resident Choreographer Jamar Roberts. Set to the music of jazz saxophonist and composer Charlie “Bird” Parker, this work uses the energy, nuance, and virtuosity of the ‘bebop’ sound as a vehicle to lift our spirits and demonstrate that we are stronger than our circumstances.
- Interactive "Family Matinees" and a variety of other special programs.