IN-STUDIO: Street Jazz
About This Class
Street jazz is a fusion of different street styles with some jazz elements combining modern styles of hip-hop, funk, and jazz dance. This class is designed to challenge a dancer's body control and placement while focusing on performance, musicality, and dynamics.
How In-Studio Classes Work
1. Sign up for class in advance, no on-site sign-ups will be permitted.
2. Upload vaccine card (must show full vaccination) to MindBody account here.
3. Download the HealthCheck app and complete Ailey's health screening questionnaire on the day of class (www.alvinailey.org/extension/healthcheck).
4. Arrive at the Ailey Studios with your mask and dance clothes on. Locker rooms are currently unavailable.
5. Dance! Social distancing measures are active throughout the Ailey building.
Failure to provide health screening information prior to arriving at the Ailey Studios will result in the cancellation of your class and you will not be permitted into the building.
Please note that registration opens 5 days before class. Registration is currently limited to 18 students to abide by social distancing guidelines and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.