IN-STUDIO: NY Style Mambo
About this Class
Originally from Cuba, the Mambo is enjoyed throughout the world because of its high energy and infectious rhythms. NY Style Mambo had its humble beginnings at the infamous Palladium Ballroom. This style is a flirtatious dance component that includes the basics, body movement, steps, footwork, and timing.
Learn the foundation of Mambo dancing with occasional points, kicks, and exaggerated hip movements combined with long, flowing movements and sharp quick steps. This beginner-level class is an open shines class that aims to bring some classic NY Style Mambo back to its roots.
How In-Studio Classes Work
1. Sign up for class in advance, no on-site sign-ups will be permitted.
2. Upload vaccine card (must show full vaccination) to MindBody account here.
3. Download the HealthCheck app and complete Ailey's health screening questionnaire on the day of class (www.alvinailey.org/extension/healthcheck).
4. Arrive at the Ailey Studios with your mask and dance clothes on. Locker rooms are currently unavailable.
5. Dance! Social distancing measures are active throughout the Ailey building.
Failure to provide health screening information prior to arriving at the Ailey Studios will result in the cancellation of your class and you will not be permitted into the building.
Please note that registration opens 5 days before class. Registration is currently limited to 18 students to abide by social distancing guidelines and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.