About This Class
A fusion of modern, ballet and jazz, this unique style explores a wide range of expressive movements and syncopated rhythms. Class is designed to work on finding freedom in the use of movement while developing your technique and building a strong foundation. Each class involves learning original choreography while focusing on theatrical elements and mastering musicality.
Please note that this class takes place at the Ailey Studios in-person but is also available to stream from home using an online class card. Sign up for Online Contemporary >
How In-Studio Classes Work
1. Sign up for class in advance, no on-site sign-ups will be permitted.
2. Upload vaccine card (must show full vaccination) to MindBody account here.
3. Download the HealthCheck app and complete Ailey's health screening questionnaire on the day of class (www.alvinailey.org/extension/healthcheck).
4. Arrive at the Ailey Studios with your mask and dance clothes on. Locker rooms are currently unavailable.
5. Dance! Social distancing measures are active throughout the Ailey building.
Failure to provide health screening information prior to arriving at the Ailey Studios will result in the cancellation of your class and you will not be permitted into the building.
Please note that registration opens 5 days before class. Registration is currently limited to 18 students to abide by social distancing guidelines and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.