Ailey Extension Team Members
Come join the Ailey Extension Team! The Ailey Extension seeks part-time Sales Assistants for its program of dance and fitness classes designed for the general public, as well as open classes through The Ailey School.
Sales Assistants will be responsible for:
- Registering new students, selling classes to students, and signing students into class
- Distributing class schedules
- Responding to inquiries about classes and techniques both in person and on the telephone
- Reconciling the cash register after his or her shift.
- Serving as a guide for all students
- Assisting with other special tasks during shift
Shifts are in three to four-hour blocks, between 9am to 9pm Monday through Friday and 9am to 7pm on the weekends.
Skills and Experience: excellent customer service skills a must; computer and technologically-savvy; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; knowledge of dance; prior retail experience; and knowledge of MindBody software is a plus. Must be able to commit for at least 3 months.
Compensation: The compensation arrangement is work-hours in exchange for free classes.
To apply, download an application and mail along with a cover letter and resume to Ailey Extension Staff Coordinator, The Ailey Studios, Joan Weill Center for Dance, 405 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019 or fax to 212-405-9007. Alternatively, you may fill out the application and email a scanned version along with your resume and cover letter.